RESUME: Eric C. Noble
948 Maple Ridge Ct.
Orange Park, FL 32065
Data-driven web-development work based in Northeast Florida.
- A foundation of MIT training in architecture, focused on energy-efficiency.
- Almost 30 years providing technical, analytical and logistical support for energy-efficiency programs.
- 20 years as an independent consultant and web developer.
- About 15 years providing web-based project support, mostly for Northeast and DC clients.
- About 10 years building data-driven web applications for a variety of clients, increasingly in Northeast FL.
Data-driven Web Applications C. 2004 - Present
- Web Applications for:
- content and document management;
- project scheduling and workflow;
- managing time, expenses and invoicing for contractors;
- real-time support for photography sessions;
- automated image manipulation;
- specialized e-commerce applications.
- Developed using:
- Linux, Apache, PHP and MySQL (LAMP);
- (occasionally) MacOSX and BSD Unix;
- Web standards from (X)HTML and CSS2 to HTML5 and CSS3.
- For clients including:
- Conservation Services Group (CSG);
- Elyk Innovation
- Key Theory LLC
- Main Ocean Port Services
- Mary Fisher Design
- Wingard Creative
- Projects included:
- development, analysis and visualization of product databases;
- expert advice on product specifications for energy efficiency;
- Building Energy Code development and training;
- print and web-based outreach and publications;
- web-based training programs;
- web-based support for work groups collaborating across organizational and geographic boundaries.
- Developed (pre-2004) using:
- MsDOS, Windows, Unix and Linux;
- off-line relational-database management and reporting (dBase, etc.);
- off-line data-visualization and image manipulation (including PostScript programming);
- For clients including:
- Alliance to Save Energy
- Consortium for Energy Efficiency
- Electric Power Research Inst.
- Lawrence Berkeley Natl. Lab. - Wash. DC Office
- MA Division of Energy Resources
- MA Board of Bldg. Regs. and Stds.
- NY Dept. of State
- Non-Utility Parties, MA Energy Efficiency Collaboratives (NUPs)
- Peregrine Energy Group
- working with existing industry and government product databases;
- developing new energy-efficient product databases;
- data analysis and visualization;
- publishing directories and reports;
- negotiating consensus energy-efficiency levels among the client utilities.
- directed engineering and economic analysis;
- developed new and enhanced existing commercial product and commercial construction databases;
- drafted key amendment language;
- negotiated with affected parties;
- developed and presented training seminars;
- supported the national ASHRAE-IES 90.1R lighting working group with product data.
- building and managing a cost-estimating database;
- performing energy and economic analysis, including programming building-energy-use simulations;
- conducting on-site performance monitoring and analysing results.
Energy-Efficiency Consulting and Web-based Project Support 1995 - C. 2010
New York State Energy Office 1987 - 1995
Appliance Directories / Market Transformation Data Analysis Projects (1992 - 1995)
Project Manager developing consensus energy efficiency levels for utility incentive programs, including:
Financed by the New York investor-owned utilities, these projects won a 1993 Governor's Award for Energy Excellence.
Amendments to the Energy Code for Commercial Buildings (1987 - 1995)
Provided technical support for amendments, adopted in 1991, making New York's Energy Code the most stingent in the nation:
Massachusetts Division of Energy Resources 1980 - 1987
Estimator, then Project Manager supporting a U.S.-DOE-funded demonstration project for more than 30 multi-family passive-solar projects, including:
Other projects included: Monte-Carlo simulations of life-cycle costs for energy conservation projects; serving on the Advisory Committee for revisions to Massachusett's Energy Code.
Real-Estate Development 1976 - 1979
Project Manager. Contract administration, design consultation and construction supervision of gut-rehab condominium developments for a small Boston RE development partnership.
B.S. in Art and Design (architecture), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1976.
Active in Jacksonville technology Meetup groups.